- Vampires (the non-sparkly variety, mind you)- fell in love with these guys as a kid and stayed that way thanks to the Vampire Chronicles. I'm still trying to write an original vampire story. Might have one in the works. Time will tell.
- Magic in all its forms- this is pretty self-explanatory. I often find myself writing fantasy and magical realism.
- Mental illness- not sure why, but I love researching and writing about all the strange things that can go wrong in the human brain.
- Mythical creatures (from all cultures)- it's fun to research this too. If you can't tell, I love research. Once I start, it's hard to stop.
- Bad guys- only I like the challenge of trying to make them into characters you can feel sorry for, even though they're horrible people. This doesn't always work out.
- Wicked dreams that end up meaning something- these are just fun.
- Little guy vs. the Establishment- so many ways to do this and I've only picked one so far.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
The Subject's the Thing
Things I like to write about (er, things about which I like to write):