Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Subject's the Thing

Things I like to write about (er, things about which I like to write):
  1. Vampires (the non-sparkly variety, mind you)- fell in love with these guys as a kid and stayed that way thanks to the Vampire Chronicles. I'm still trying to write an original vampire story. Might have one in the works. Time will tell.
  2. Magic in all its forms- this is pretty self-explanatory. I often find myself writing fantasy and magical realism.
  3. Mental illness- not sure why, but I love researching and writing about all the strange things that can go wrong in the human brain.
  4. Mythical creatures (from all cultures)- it's fun to research this too. If you can't tell, I love research. Once I start, it's hard to stop.
  5. Bad guys- only I like the challenge of trying to make them into characters you can feel sorry for, even though they're horrible people. This doesn't always work out.
  6. Wicked dreams that end up meaning something- these are just fun.
  7. Little guy vs. the Establishment- so many ways to do this and I've only picked one so far.
I find it very difficult to keep to one subject/genre. I prefer to dabble...

No comments:

Post a Comment